Turkey's northeastern province of Trabzon, the host of 2011 European Youth Olympic Festival, will be promoted in Finland where the olympic festival will take place between July 18 and 25, 2009.
Serif Ozgur, youth and sports director in Trabzon, told the A.A correspondent on Thursday that a delegation from Trabzon would travel to Finland on July 18 to promote the province there.
"Five thousand packages of hazelnuts (one of major export goods from Trabzon) will be distributed to athletes and audience during the youth olympic festival in Finland," Ozgur said.
"We will attend seminars there on July 21 and 22. We will get information about preparations made by Finland ahead of the festival," he said.
Ozgur said they would also open a stand to promote Turkey and Trabzon.
The European Youth Olympic Festival is a biennial multi-sport event for youth athletes from the 48 member countries of the association of European Olympic Committees. The festival has a summer edition, held for the first time in Brussels in 1991, and a winter edition, which began two years later in Aosta. It is the only all-European multi-sport event.
- MIDDLE EASTRussia bombs Turkish aid agency bakery in Syria
- MIDDLE EASTIsrael jails Swedish national for 'spying for Hezbollah'
- EURASIATourism minister invites Russian citizens to visit Turkey
- TURKEYArab e-drive supports Turkey goods against Russia sanctions
- MIDDLE EASTArab League marks intíl 'solidarity with Palestine' day
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGUS contradicts Putin on sharing downed jet's flght info
- 2RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPutin approves economic sanctions against Turkey
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish citizens targeted in Russia, says embassy
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey received Russian pilotís body, says PM
- 5EUROPEEU, Turkey hold summit to address migration crisis