A Turkish double bass player will perform in a German orchestra.
26-year-old Fora Baltacigil competed with 35 other double bass players and deserved to become a member of the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.
Baltacigil has become the first Turkish double bass player to perform in the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.
A graduate of Istanbul University State Conservatory, Baltacigil was admitted to Philadelphia Curtis Institute, and joined the Minnesota Orchestra as associate principal bass in September 2006.
He won first prize in the 2004 Delaware Symphony Concerto Competition, and the first prize in the 2006 Caprio Young Artists Competition of the Riverside Symphonia in New York.
In September 2008 Baltacigil performed with Yo-Yo Ma's Silk Road Ensemble at Tanglewood's Seiji Ozawa Hall.
Baltacigil was soloist in performances of Harbison's Bass Concerto in February 2008, in concerts at Orchestra Hall and on the Orchestra's Minnesota State Tour led by Music Director Osmo Vanska.
- ASIAChina blocks US navy ships' access to Hong Kong port
- AMERICASUS: Obama mocks Trump at last White House press dinner
- TURKEYThree Turkish soldiers killed, 14 wounded in PKK attack in southeast
- TURKEYTurkish police hold Daesh 'May Day attack' suspects
- TURKEYOfficer killed in bomb attack on Gaziantep police HQ in Turkey's southeast
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYNo EU migrant deal if visas not lifted: Turkish PM
- 2TURKEYPolice working to confirm Bursa suicide bomber’s identity
- 3TURKEYUK academic in Turkey faces five years in jail for ‘terrorism propaganda’
- 4EUROPELuxLeaks tax case: former PwC employees face trial
- 5EURASIARussian jet intercepts US aircraft in Baltic Sea