A Turkish double bass player will perform in a German orchestra.
26-year-old Fora Baltacigil competed with 35 other double bass players and deserved to become a member of the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.
Baltacigil has become the first Turkish double bass player to perform in the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.
A graduate of Istanbul University State Conservatory, Baltacigil was admitted to Philadelphia Curtis Institute, and joined the Minnesota Orchestra as associate principal bass in September 2006.
He won first prize in the 2004 Delaware Symphony Concerto Competition, and the first prize in the 2006 Caprio Young Artists Competition of the Riverside Symphonia in New York.
In September 2008 Baltacigil performed with Yo-Yo Ma's Silk Road Ensemble at Tanglewood's Seiji Ozawa Hall.
Baltacigil was soloist in performances of Harbison's Bass Concerto in February 2008, in concerts at Orchestra Hall and on the Orchestra's Minnesota State Tour led by Music Director Osmo Vanska.
- EUROPEFrench FM says can work with Syrian regime forces after transition
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish President Erdođan warns Russia ‘not to play with fire’
- MIDDLE EASTErdođan and Putin may meet in Paris, but not yet scheduled: Turkish presidency
- AFRICAMore than one million children need urgent aid in the conflict-torn Central African Republic: UN
- ECONOMYTurkey’s tourism sector fears continued losses amid Russia crisis
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey suspends Syria flights after crisis with Russia
- 2MIDDLE EAST‘Disastrous situation’ as Israel kills more than 100 Palestinians
- 3TURKEYTurkish journalists jailed over spying charges
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGDavutoglu: Partners must unite with Turkey against Daesh
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish president speaks to CNN International