A Turkish double bass player will perform in a German orchestra.
26-year-old Fora Baltacigil competed with 35 other double bass players and deserved to become a member of the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.
Baltacigil has become the first Turkish double bass player to perform in the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.
A graduate of Istanbul University State Conservatory, Baltacigil was admitted to Philadelphia Curtis Institute, and joined the Minnesota Orchestra as associate principal bass in September 2006.
He won first prize in the 2004 Delaware Symphony Concerto Competition, and the first prize in the 2006 Caprio Young Artists Competition of the Riverside Symphonia in New York.
In September 2008 Baltacigil performed with Yo-Yo Ma's Silk Road Ensemble at Tanglewood's Seiji Ozawa Hall.
Baltacigil was soloist in performances of Harbison's Bass Concerto in February 2008, in concerts at Orchestra Hall and on the Orchestra's Minnesota State Tour led by Music Director Osmo Vanska.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News