Azerbaijan, Baku, May 19 /Trend News, A. Huseynbala, J. Babayeva/
Initial agreement has been reached to establish Parliamentary Assembly of the European Parliament's European Union Eastern Neighbors, Azerbaijani parliament's Law Policy and State-Building Committee Chairman Rovshan Rzayev told Trend News.
"The consultations in Kiev were held on high level and the sides reached agreement to establish this organization," Rzayev said.
Consultations to establish Parliamentary Assembly of the European Parliament's European Union-Eastern Neighbors were held in Kiev on May 18. Azerbaijani parliament's Law Policy and State-Building Committee Chairman Rovshan Rzayev attended the consultations.
Views were exchanged at the consultations initiated by the Ukrainian parliament about the prospects of establishing Parliamentary Assembly of the European Parliament's European Union-Eastern Neighbors.
Rzayev said one more meeting will be held to declare Parliamentary Assembly of the Eastern Neighbors.
The Eastern Partnership is a program of the European Union. The program was initiated by Poland and Sweden. The program calls for closer relations between Azerbaijan, Georgia, Armenia, Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine and the EU.
The program took effect at the summit of the EU heads of state in Prague on May 7.Do you have any feedback? Contact our journalist at email@example.com
- WORLDUN Security Council calls for international support to fight Boko Haram
- AFRICAGerman behind Somalia hotel attack: official
- TURKEYTurkey steps up fight against terrorist groups
- EUROPEGrexit threat remains until Greece secures debt relief deal: PM
- ASIAAfghan gov't assessing report on Taliban leader Omar's death
- 1AFRICA‘Two truckloads’ of militants destroyed: Nigerian army
- 2ASIATurkish President Erdogan to visit China, Indonesia
- 3TURKEYUS denies understanding with Turkey about PKK airstrikes
- 4AMERICASActivists push for stricter US gun laws amid mass killings
- 5MIDDLE EAST25 Egyptian workers killed in Cairo blaze