Muhsin Yazicioglu, Turkish PM and leader of right wing Great Union Party (BBP) had a helicopter crash on 25th of March at 3.00 p.m. He was going to Yozgat from Maras to participate party meetings for the local elections. The helicopter crashed at the mountains with six passengers including Muhsin Yazicioglu.
Under harsh weather conditions and at a rather large region the rescue teams have been searching. Over than 3000 rescue personnel with 11 helicopters are in the region for the party leader and the other passengers. It has been 36hours and they still could not reach helicopter. There is no signal from either ELT or the cell phones of the passengers. Actually, the last signals from one of the passengers cell phone mislead the rescue operation.
The Prime Minister, the Minister of Interior and Deputy Speaker of the Parliament lead the rescue operation in the region. All parties cancelled their meetings for the election that will be held on 29th of March. The party leaders stated their deep sorrow for the incident.
by Burcu Demirtas
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News
- 1EURASIARussia: Continuation of commercial and economic cooperation with Turkey
- 2TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- 3TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
- 4AMERICASClinton selected Virginia senator as her running mate
- 5TURKEYMore than 8,000 people including judiciary members, soldiers, police officers and civil servants, have been arrested