Muhsin Yazicioglu, Turkish PM and leader of right wing Great Union Party (BBP) had a helicopter crash on 25th of March at 3.00 p.m. He was going to Yozgat from Maras to participate party meetings for the local elections. The helicopter crashed at the mountains with six passengers including Muhsin Yazicioglu.
Under harsh weather conditions and at a rather large region the rescue teams have been searching. Over than 3000 rescue personnel with 11 helicopters are in the region for the party leader and the other passengers. It has been 36hours and they still could not reach helicopter. There is no signal from either ELT or the cell phones of the passengers. Actually, the last signals from one of the passengers cell phone mislead the rescue operation.
The Prime Minister, the Minister of Interior and Deputy Speaker of the Parliament lead the rescue operation in the region. All parties cancelled their meetings for the election that will be held on 29th of March. The party leaders stated their deep sorrow for the incident.
by Burcu Demirtas
Most Viewed News
- 1ASIAPakistan: No military action against Afghan Taliban on its soil
- 2EUROPEEU takes historic step to lift travel visas for Turks
- 3TURKEYTurkey hits ISIL in Syria, Russia concerned
- 4TURKEYEyes on Erdošan-Davutošlu meet amid rumors of resignation
- 5TURKEYTurkey expects visa-free travel decision from Europe