Iraq's foreign minister said on Wednesday that Turkish president's recent visit to Iraq had been successful in all aspects.
Speaking to Turkish reporters, Iraqi Minister for Foreign Affairs Hoshyar Mahmud Zebari said that Turkish President Abdullah Gul had fruitful talks with Iraq's political leaders, governmental officials and deputies as part of his visit.
Zebari also said that security issue was high on agenda of Gul's talks in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad.
Noting that activities of the terrorist organization PKK were discussed during the talks, Zebari said Turkish and Iraqi officials agreed that the tripartite mechanism between Turkey, Iraq and USA, which was established within the framework of the fight against terrorism, should be activated.
Zebari also said that a commercial agreement was signed between Turkey and Iraq during Gul's visit, adding that there were numerous opportunities to improve the economic cooperation between the two countries.
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish Air Force Reportedly Suspends Flights over Syria
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGRussia to Suspend Visa-free Travel for Turkish Citizens from 2016
- EUROPEFrench FM says can work with Syrian regime forces after transition
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish President Erdođan warns Russia ‘not to play with fire’
- MIDDLE EASTErdođan and Putin may meet in Paris, but not yet scheduled: Turkish presidency
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey suspends Syria flights after crisis with Russia
- 2MIDDLE EAST‘Disastrous situation’ as Israel kills more than 100 Palestinians
- 3TURKEYTurkish journalists jailed over spying charges
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish President Erdođan warns Russia ‘not to play with fire’
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGDavutoglu: Partners must unite with Turkey against Daesh