Iraq's foreign minister said on Wednesday that Turkish president's recent visit to Iraq had been successful in all aspects.
Speaking to Turkish reporters, Iraqi Minister for Foreign Affairs Hoshyar Mahmud Zebari said that Turkish President Abdullah Gul had fruitful talks with Iraq's political leaders, governmental officials and deputies as part of his visit.
Zebari also said that security issue was high on agenda of Gul's talks in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad.
Noting that activities of the terrorist organization PKK were discussed during the talks, Zebari said Turkish and Iraqi officials agreed that the tripartite mechanism between Turkey, Iraq and USA, which was established within the framework of the fight against terrorism, should be activated.
Zebari also said that a commercial agreement was signed between Turkey and Iraq during Gul's visit, adding that there were numerous opportunities to improve the economic cooperation between the two countries.
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkeys Erdoğan asks UN: Are you mocking us?
- 2MIDDLE EASTPeshmerga needs $300M a month to fight Daesh: official
- 3TURKEYTurkey is 'last castle of oppressed nations', says PM
- 4TURKEYTurkish PM warns Russia by recalling Soviet invasion of Afghanistan
- 5MIDDLE EASTAnalysis: Russia, US compete to ally with Kurds in ISIS fight