Iraq's foreign minister said on Wednesday that Turkish president's recent visit to Iraq had been successful in all aspects.
Speaking to Turkish reporters, Iraqi Minister for Foreign Affairs Hoshyar Mahmud Zebari said that Turkish President Abdullah Gul had fruitful talks with Iraq's political leaders, governmental officials and deputies as part of his visit.
Zebari also said that security issue was high on agenda of Gul's talks in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad.
Noting that activities of the terrorist organization PKK were discussed during the talks, Zebari said Turkish and Iraqi officials agreed that the tripartite mechanism between Turkey, Iraq and USA, which was established within the framework of the fight against terrorism, should be activated.
Zebari also said that a commercial agreement was signed between Turkey and Iraq during Gul's visit, adding that there were numerous opportunities to improve the economic cooperation between the two countries.
- WORLDOlympic flame comes to Switzerland
- EUROPETurkish kebab restaurant owner in Portugal becomes famous after mob
- ECONOMYTurkey’s tourism revenue drops 16.5 percent in first quarter
- ECONOMYMagazine names Turkey’s ‘most popular’ companies
- ENERGYTurkish energy minister calls for environmentalist groups to protest Armenian nuclear plant
Most Viewed News
- 1ASIAChina on the road to “New Economy”: First impressions
- 2ASIAKazakhstan announced its position regarding territorial disputes in South China Sea
- 3TURKEYPresident Erdoðan questions Arab League
- 4ASIAIndonesia ‘completes’ preparations for executions
- 5TURKEYDeputies’ fistfight closes Turkish parliament for two days