Gen. Hasan Aksay, the commander of Turkish War Academies, on Tuesday asked Turkish and Chinese armies to launch joint military exercise.
Gen. Aksay met second Chief of Chinese General Staff Gen. Ge Zhenseng and National Defense University Commander Gen. Wang Xibin in Beijing.
Gen. Ge said this visit would boost relations between the armies and war academies of the two countries, and noted that they were willing to upgrade the level of relations with the Turkish army.
Chinese commander welcomed establishment of annual negotiation mechanism between the two countries in 2008, noting this would further deepen the relations.
The Chinese commander also appreciated that Turkish government pursued "one China" policy and thanked to Turkish party.
Gen. Aksay, who later met Chinese National Defense University Commander, said actual exchange of personnel program between the two aries should be improved.
Gen. Aksay will proceed to Shanghai on Thursday and depart from China on Friday.
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTSyria air campaign raises questions about Russian capabilities
- 2TURKEYErdogan: Russian bombs in Syria hit moderate opposition
- 3MIDDLE EASTSyrian government forces reportedly gearing up for ground offensive
- 4TURKEYTurkish PM thanked PYD during relocation of Ottoman tomb: HDPís ÷nder
- 5TURKEYIranian intelligence helps in release of Turkish workers in Iraq