Gen. Hasan Aksay, the commander of Turkish War Academies, on Tuesday asked Turkish and Chinese armies to launch joint military exercise.
Gen. Aksay met second Chief of Chinese General Staff Gen. Ge Zhenseng and National Defense University Commander Gen. Wang Xibin in Beijing.
Gen. Ge said this visit would boost relations between the armies and war academies of the two countries, and noted that they were willing to upgrade the level of relations with the Turkish army.
Chinese commander welcomed establishment of annual negotiation mechanism between the two countries in 2008, noting this would further deepen the relations.
The Chinese commander also appreciated that Turkish government pursued "one China" policy and thanked to Turkish party.
Gen. Aksay, who later met Chinese National Defense University Commander, said actual exchange of personnel program between the two aries should be improved.
Gen. Aksay will proceed to Shanghai on Thursday and depart from China on Friday.
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEEU's Unanimous Recognition of Kosovo to Normalise Relations with Serbia – MEPs
- 2TURKEYTurkish gov’t reveals much-vaunted ‘action plan’ to resolve Kurdish issue
- 3MIDDLE EASTUS calls for immediate halt to Russian airstrikes in Syria
- 4TURKEYTurkish military launches large air campaign on PKK targets in northern Iraq
- 5MIDDLE EASTUK’s Cameron calls for new approach to Syria conflict