Gen. Hasan Aksay, the commander of Turkish War Academies, on Tuesday asked Turkish and Chinese armies to launch joint military exercise.
Gen. Aksay met second Chief of Chinese General Staff Gen. Ge Zhenseng and National Defense University Commander Gen. Wang Xibin in Beijing.
Gen. Ge said this visit would boost relations between the armies and war academies of the two countries, and noted that they were willing to upgrade the level of relations with the Turkish army.
Chinese commander welcomed establishment of annual negotiation mechanism between the two countries in 2008, noting this would further deepen the relations.
The Chinese commander also appreciated that Turkish government pursued "one China" policy and thanked to Turkish party.
Gen. Aksay, who later met Chinese National Defense University Commander, said actual exchange of personnel program between the two aries should be improved.
Gen. Aksay will proceed to Shanghai on Thursday and depart from China on Friday.
- TURKEYCHP leader urges gov’t not to turn post-coup probe into ‘witch hunt’
- TURKEYUS offered to help on Gülen’s extradition, Turkish FM confirms
- EUROPENo isolationist path for Britain, Johnson insists
- TURKEYSyrian fighters seize half of Manbij from Islamic State
- TURKEYFlights as usual after failed coup attempt, Turkish Airlines chairman says
Most Viewed News