"Waltz with Bashir" director, Yoni Goodman, who narrowly missed winning an Oscar last week for his animated movie about the first Lebanon War, has created a new short clip depicting the effects of the economic blockade on the Gaza Strip.
The 90-second feature, which was released by the Gisha Legal Center for Freedom of Movement, presented a harsh censure of Israel's closure of Gaza's borders since June 2007. According to the director of the non-profit organization, Sari Bashi, the clip aimed to show that the resident of the Strip were being subjected to a violation of their basic rights, and a breach of "international law."
"Closed Zone" has been released primarily through massive viral distribution, which includes platforms such as YouTube and Facebook, as well as through media broadcasting, and can be viewed at www.closedzone.com or by clicking on the video below.
- TURKEYDestabilization is still the main concern in the North Africa says USAK President Sanberk
- MIDDLE EASTIraq: 10 dead, 27 injured in Baghdad attack
- MIDDLE EASTNine suspected separatists killed in SW Pakistan
- MIDDLE EASTAfghanistan: Daesh suffer blow against Taliban
- EUROPEVucic to Court Support for EU Integration in US Visit
- 1TURKEYCumhuriyets editor-in-chief to pay heavy price, says Turkish president
- 2TURKEYMore than 2,700 vote in Balkans in Turkey's election
- 3TURKEYTurkey remembers Mavi Marmara
- 4TURKEYDestabilization is still the main concern in the North Africa says USAK President Sanberk
- 5TURKEYTurkish exports declined 19 percent in May year-on-year