"Waltz with Bashir" director, Yoni Goodman, who narrowly missed winning an Oscar last week for his animated movie about the first Lebanon War, has created a new short clip depicting the effects of the economic blockade on the Gaza Strip.
The 90-second feature, which was released by the Gisha Legal Center for Freedom of Movement, presented a harsh censure of Israel's closure of Gaza's borders since June 2007. According to the director of the non-profit organization, Sari Bashi, the clip aimed to show that the resident of the Strip were being subjected to a violation of their basic rights, and a breach of "international law."
"Closed Zone" has been released primarily through massive viral distribution, which includes platforms such as YouTube and Facebook, as well as through media broadcasting, and can be viewed at www.closedzone.com or by clicking on the video below.
- 1EUROPEGreece 'not the only eurozone country facing debt'
- 2MIDDLE EASTDaesh still strong in Iraq despite heavy losses
- 3EUROPERussia warns of sabotage of Minsk agreements, peace progress in Ukraine
- 4TURKEYPM: Turkey has no immediate plans for Syria incursion, but ready for any imminent threat
- 5TURKEYTurkish voters want peace bid to continue: Deputy PM