Caucasus / DPA: "Armenia Agreed to Return Three Districts of Azerbaijan"
October 18, 2004
, Leader Of the Democratic Party Of Armenia Says Baku Today 14/10/2004 09:52 The Armenian party under influence of external forces has already agreed to return occupied Jebrail, Zangelan and Fizuli districts in exchange of resuming of transport and energy communications. The leader of Democratic Party, former advisor of the Armenian president on exterior issues Aram Sarkisian gave this statement at the Armenian parliament. He said, the U.S. pushes official Yerevan, to return territories, controlled by Armenia, because the U.S. is interested to release the railway road. Sarkisian states, these issues were discussed during recent Astana meeting of Armenian and Azerbaijan presidents Robert Kocharian and Ilham Aliyev. Considering all this, position of Armenian party in Karabakh issue "weakened drastically". Introduction of Armenian party in all international documents, as invader and continuous making excuses merely witnesses about this, Turan and Arminfo news agencies reports. In his turn, Russian co-chairman of Minsk group of OSCE Yuriy Merzliakov in his interview with radio station "Liberty" stated, he is unaware of the details of Astana negotiations of Armenian and Azerbaijan presidents. He refuted also information of mass media about existence of "Moscow formula" of settlement, proposed by President Vladimir Putin. At the same time, Merzliakov considers after Astana meeting presidents of both states are to speak with statements, and by the end of October or beginning of November Armenia and Azerbaijan are to resume negotiations. "Much was spoken and, it is time starting the stage of detailed negotiations at the level of experts to develop documents," said Merzliakov.
Source: Baku Today, 18 October 20
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGRussia releases radar analysis of downed jet
- ECONOMYŽimžek to become Turkeys new economy tsar, as Erdošans allies take key posts in administration
- ECONOMYRussia crisis hits Turkish stocks
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGObama, Erdošan agree on the need to de-escalate tension between Turkey and Russia
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTwo Russian warplanes violated Turkish airspace for 17 seconds: Turkey
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkey warns Russia over border security
- 2MIDDLE EASTSyrian regime forces take over strategic Turkmen area
- 3EURASIARussia, Assad regime continue pounding Turkmen Mountain
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish F-16s shoot down Russian-made jet for airspace violation near Syrian border
- 5TURKEYTurkey sends letter to UN on attacks on Turkmens