TURKISH HOSTAGE BEHEADED IN IRAQ; TWO MORE KIDNAPPED
October 16, 2004
A video showing the apparent beheading of a Turkish hostage in Iraq yesterday appeared on the website of the Ansar al-Sunnah Army, an Iraqi militant group. In the video, the Turkish driver sat blindfolded with four masked gunmen behind him, one of whom said his group was sworn to oppose "the crusaders and those who aid them." The video warned foreigners against coming to Iraq "to reap cheap worldly profits through allying themselves with the crusaders in their war on Islam." In related news, Iraqi police announced that two more Turkish truckers bringing supplies to US forces in the country had been kidnapped by Iraqi militants.
Source: Sabah, 16 October 2004
- TURKEYRussian party seeks ‘accountability for Armenian genocide denial’
- ECONOMYAlarm bells toll for Turkish tourism sector over Russia crisis
- ECONOMYTurkish investment agency hopeful for 2016
- ECONOMYIndependence of Central Bank will be a closing benchmark
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish FM calls Russia’s Lavrov 'to express sorrow'
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGWhile Turkey protects its borders, Putin says “we were stabbed in the back”
- 2RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey shoots down Russian jet for airspace violation near Syrian border
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGObama backs Turkish self-defense in row with Russia, urges calm
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPentagon: Russian pilot did not respond Turkish warnings
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGRussia releases radar analysis of downed jet