Not Collaborating With U.S. Is Stupidity
October 16, 2004
Osman Ocalan who left PKK to start his organization Patriotic Democrat Party PWD, said that "No Kurds should be as stupid as opposing to U.S." Speaking to a Turkish reported, in a restaurant close to Suleymaniye, which is under the control of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, Ocalan said, "U.S. is not any more accepting the policies of the Middle Eastern countries which deny Kurds. U.S. is replacing the dictatorships in Middle East. It is aware that a solution is needed for the Kurd problem. "If U.S. gives a place to Kurds here, we do not reject that. No Kurds would and should be as stupid as opposing to U.S. We shall conclude the establishment of our party at the end of the month and contact U.S. "The most important initiative of PKK has been producing our group. Its main feature is democratizing politics. The era of PKK has ended and a new phase is beginning...Our right to return to Turkey cannot be denied. Living there is our right and we shall gain that right."
Source: Hurriyet, 15 October 2004
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEGreece 'not the only eurozone country facing debt'
- 2MIDDLE EASTDaesh still strong in Iraq despite heavy losses
- 3EUROPERussia warns of sabotage of Minsk agreements, peace progress in Ukraine
- 4TURKEYPM: Turkey has no immediate plans for Syria incursion, but ready for any imminent threat
- 5MIDDLE EAST'Expert groups' hammering out details of Iran nuclear deal