ZANA: "TURKEY HAS MADE REVOLUTIONARY CHANGES"
October 15, 2004
Turkey has recently made revolutionary changes, said former Democracy Party (DEP) Deputy Leyla Zana yesterday, addressing the European Parliament's Foreign Affairs Committee in Brussels. Praising Ankara's efforts to push reforms, Zana said that there is no systematic torture in Turkey. "Kurds are not a minority," added Zana. "There are 5,000 armed young Kurds who should be disarmed and accepted by society." Zana was in Brussels to receive the European Parliament's Sakharov Prize for human rights, which she was awarded in 1995. /Sabah/
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEGreece 'not the only eurozone country facing debt'
- 2EUROPERussia warns of sabotage of Minsk agreements, peace progress in Ukraine
- 3MIDDLE EASTDaesh still strong in Iraq despite heavy losses
- 4INTERVIEWSÖzertem: “Flipping over the negotiating table on the Iranian nuclear program would be the worst scenario for both sides.”
- 5MIDDLE EASTDaesh still strong in Iraq despite heavy losses