ZANA: "TURKEY HAS MADE REVOLUTIONARY CHANGES"
October 15, 2004
Turkey has recently made revolutionary changes, said former Democracy Party (DEP) Deputy Leyla Zana yesterday, addressing the European Parliament's Foreign Affairs Committee in Brussels. Praising Ankara's efforts to push reforms, Zana said that there is no systematic torture in Turkey. "Kurds are not a minority," added Zana. "There are 5,000 armed young Kurds who should be disarmed and accepted by society." Zana was in Brussels to receive the European Parliament's Sakharov Prize for human rights, which she was awarded in 1995. /Sabah/
Most Viewed News
- 1MIDDLE EASTIS burns 4 Shiite militiamen alive in Iraq
- 2EUROPEPresevo Valley demands the same association as the Serbs in Kosovo
- 3EURASIARussian ruble in freefall on low price of oil
- 4AMERICASFamily of Filipina choked by US marine reject settlement
- 5TURKEY'Instability in Turkey affecting Europe migrant crisis'