Turkish Minister: ’Young Population in Turkey Great Blessing for Europe’
October 15, 2004
Turkish State Minister Mehmet Aydin said that the dynamic and vivid Turkish population will be a great blessing for Europe. Aydin attended a conference titled "The Importance of Training the Human Force During the Process of European Union" organized in the western Turkish city of Izmir by the Association of Konyalilar Culture and Solidarity. In an evaluation of Turkey's full membership in the European Union (EU), Aydin reported that Turkey has successfully followed the road map. Aydin said that a positive atmosphere emerged in Europe with the start of negotiations said: "When we progressed on the path to the EU, we predicted that they would point out topics such as financial statute, population, and culture. We did our homework well. We developed a strategy for these. We did what we did willingly and knowingly and from the heart. There is no reason a well-educated population can't success within the EU." A knowledgeable person is as important today as yesterday, the State Minister, said as he underlined that, the country needs to make up the time consumed by rallying.
- MIDDLE EASTIsrael defies international law by holding bodies of slain Palestinians
- EUROPEBelgian security crackdown 'should not target Muslims'
- MIDDLE EASTSyria: Russian warplanes kill 11 civilians in Idlib
- ASIAReport: North Korean sub missile launch 'fails'
- EUROPESpanish police arrest three in connection with Daesh
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey hopes tensions with Russia resolve soon
- 2EUROPEIan Kearns warned the current NATO-Russian close military encounters would have serious consequences
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey advises its citizens to delay trips to Russia
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGGeorgia backs Turkey over Russia warplane incident
- 5TURKEYErdogan reiterates Turkey’s resolve against PKK