Turkish Minister: ’Young Population in Turkey Great Blessing for Europe’
October 15, 2004
Turkish State Minister Mehmet Aydin said that the dynamic and vivid Turkish population will be a great blessing for Europe. Aydin attended a conference titled "The Importance of Training the Human Force During the Process of European Union" organized in the western Turkish city of Izmir by the Association of Konyalilar Culture and Solidarity. In an evaluation of Turkey's full membership in the European Union (EU), Aydin reported that Turkey has successfully followed the road map. Aydin said that a positive atmosphere emerged in Europe with the start of negotiations said: "When we progressed on the path to the EU, we predicted that they would point out topics such as financial statute, population, and culture. We did our homework well. We developed a strategy for these. We did what we did willingly and knowingly and from the heart. There is no reason a well-educated population can't success within the EU." A knowledgeable person is as important today as yesterday, the State Minister, said as he underlined that, the country needs to make up the time consumed by rallying.
- EUROPEGerman, French leaders tell Greece door remains open to negotiations
- MIDDLE EASTObama: Fight against Islamic State 'will not be quick'
- EUROPEEuropean Parliament remembers Srebrenica massacre
- TURKEYErdođan convenes cabinet amid rising Syria border tension
- ECONOMYMammoth deck mounted on Ýzmit Bay Bridge in Turkey
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkey's Ephesus added to UNESCO World Heritage list
- 2TURKEYTurkey-China relations strained over Uyghur question
- 3TURKEYTurkey respects China’s territorial integrity, opposes discrimination of Uyghur minority
- 4TURKEYTurkish General Staff to meet on possible Syria incursion
- 5MIDDLE EASTDaesh seizes parts of Iraq’s Baiji: Army source