LUXEMBOURG PM INVITES ERDOGAN TO DISCUSS STEPS FOR BEGINNING EU ACCESSION TALKS
October 15, 2004
Luxembourg Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker yesterday expressed his support for Turkey's European Union membership bid and invited Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to visit his country to discuss steps needed for Ankara to begin its accession talks during Luxembourg's EU term presidency, which starts next January. Luxembourg recently proposed opening Ankara's accession talks on April 26, 2005.
- TURKEYRussian party seeks ‘accountability for Armenian genocide denial’
- ECONOMYAlarm bells toll for Turkish tourism sector over Russia crisis
- ECONOMYTurkish investment agency hopeful for 2016
- ECONOMYIndependence of Central Bank will be a closing benchmark
- RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkish FM calls Russia’s Lavrov 'to express sorrow'
Most Viewed News
- 1RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGWhile Turkey protects its borders, Putin says “we were stabbed in the back”
- 2RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGTurkey shoots down Russian jet for airspace violation near Syrian border
- 3RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGObama backs Turkish self-defense in row with Russia, urges calm
- 4RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGPentagon: Russian pilot did not respond Turkish warnings
- 5RUSSIAN JET DOWNINGRussia releases radar analysis of downed jet