Erdogan, Chirac and Schroeder to discuss Turkey and the EU
October 14, 2004
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan will visit Berlin and Paris to discuss Turkey's EU bid in October. Erdogan will try to gurantee the French and German support for Turkish membership. The October 26 meeting will be part of a Europe-wide campaign by Turkey to drum up support for Turkey ahead of a crucial decision by EU leaders on December 17 on whether to start accession talks with Ankara.
- ASIAPakistan's economy makes turnaround; heading towards bright future: PM
- EUROPEItalian Prime Minister slams EU for 'wrong' economic policy
- ECONOMYOPEC to maintain its 40-percent market share in long-term - BP
- AFRICANearly 60 killed, 78 injured in NE Nigeria suicide attacks
- MIDDLE EASTQatar, Pakistan sign multi-billion dollar gas deal
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYTurkeys Erdoğan asks UN: Are you mocking us?
- 2MIDDLE EASTRussia offers cease-fire proposal for Syria
- 3MIDDLE EASTAnalysis: Russia, US compete to ally with Kurds in ISIS fight
- 4TURKEYSyrian army gets closer to Turkish borders, advancing on 2 fronts
- 5MIDDLE EASTUS spy chief: Russia strengthened Assad negotiating power