Erdogan, Chirac and Schroeder to discuss Turkey and the EU
October 14, 2004
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan will visit Berlin and Paris to discuss Turkey's EU bid in October. Erdogan will try to gurantee the French and German support for Turkish membership. The October 26 meeting will be part of a Europe-wide campaign by Turkey to drum up support for Turkey ahead of a crucial decision by EU leaders on December 17 on whether to start accession talks with Ankara.
- EUROPEGreen light for gays to adopt stepchildren
- EUROPEEU's Juncker to visit Russia in June amid sanctions debate
- TURKEY6,320 buildings destroyed in five southeastern provinces amid clashes
- TURKEYPKK killed a soldier in SE Turkey
- TURKEYTurkish academic murder suspect may be international serial killer: Reports
Most Viewed News
- 1TURKEYIstanbul conquest counter-demonstration held in Greece
- 2TURKEYTurkey's first lady calls for focus on 'gender justice'
- 3EUROPEEU’s Timmermans cites progress on visa-free travel for Turkey
- 4ASIARohingya in Indonesia camps concerned over status, jobs
- 5TURKEYIstanbul marks 1453 Ottoman conquest of Istanbul with grandiose ceremony