Cicek: "We’ve Fulfilled the EU Political Criteria"
October 13, 2004
Speaking after yesterday's Cabinet meeting, Justice Minister Cemil Cicek said that since Turkey had fulfilled all of the political criteria of the European Union, there was no reason for the EU not to begin Ankara's accession talks.
Most Viewed News
- 1EUROPEEU's Unanimous Recognition of Kosovo to Normalise Relations with Serbia – MEPs
- 2TURKEYTurkish gov’t reveals much-vaunted ‘action plan’ to resolve Kurdish issue
- 3MIDDLE EASTUS calls for immediate halt to Russian airstrikes in Syria
- 4TURKEYTurkish military launches large air campaign on PKK targets in northern Iraq
- 5MIDDLE EASTUK’s Cameron calls for new approach to Syria conflict