Cicek: "We’ve Fulfilled the EU Political Criteria"
October 13, 2004
Speaking after yesterday's Cabinet meeting, Justice Minister Cemil Cicek said that since Turkey had fulfilled all of the political criteria of the European Union, there was no reason for the EU not to begin Ankara's accession talks.
- ASIAKerry to hold bilateral talks in Mideast, Asia
- AMERICASActivists push for stricter US gun laws amid mass killings
- MIDDLE EASTIt is time to open a new page in the region: Iranian FM
- TURKEYTurkish PM: Current action could have prevented Daesh
- TURKEYTurkey determined to protect national security: Davutoglu
Most Viewed News
- 1ASIANorth Korea sparks new nuclear concerns
- 2MIDDLE EASTIraqi Kurdish leader urges peace in Turkey
- 3TURKEYUS denies understanding with Turkey about PKK airstrikes
- 4ASIAIndia's dam project in Afghanistan approaches completion
- 5MIDDLE EASTLibyan Army could crush Islamic State by end of year if arms embargo lifted