Cicek: "We’ve Fulfilled the EU Political Criteria"
October 13, 2004
Speaking after yesterday's Cabinet meeting, Justice Minister Cemil Cicek said that since Turkey had fulfilled all of the political criteria of the European Union, there was no reason for the EU not to begin Ankara's accession talks.
- EUROPECitizens pick payments over asylum seekers – for now
- EUROPEBig turnout for Labour Day parades
- MIDDLE EASTCoalition drones take off from Turkey, hit ISIL in Syria for second day
- ECONOMYTurkey begins making its debut amphibious assault ship
- TURKEYMan hit by police water cannon dies in Istanbul’s Taksim
Most Viewed News
- 1ASIAChina blocks US navy ships' access to Hong Kong port
- 2TURKEYOfficer killed in bomb attack on Gaziantep police HQ in Turkey's southeast
- 3TURKEYTurkish police hold Daesh 'May Day attack' suspects
- 4TURKEYThree Turkish soldiers killed, 14 wounded in PKK attack in southeast
- 5AMERICASUS: Obama mocks Trump at last White House press dinner